Elizabeth Skwiot, Ph.D.; Program Creator and Company Founder
Cirque-It Fitness was born of out of the joy of movement. Founder, Elizabeth Skwiot, fell in love with circus training at age 23 when she first stepped off a flying trapeze platform at a circus school. Circus training brought back the joy in movement she had as a child, but had slowly lost touch with in adult life. Combining her experience in Pilates and competitive fitness, Elizabeth set out to create a workout that was not only effective, but something to look forward to, an outlet in a busy life – a workout that was more than just another chore.
The result is a class that combines elements of circuit training, functional and core fitness, Pilates influence, variable intensity training, and circus arts into one expertly-designed 45-minute workout. Cirque-It Fitness teaches ‘circus-infused’ moves in a small group circuit training format that is fun, challenging, and accessible to a wide variety of fitness levels.
Dr. Skwiot’s credentials include:
- Trainer for VIP clients
- Developed CIF IP, including four training programs
- Co-invented patented adjustable trapeze
- Coached and lead seminars at numerous gyms/studios, including Circus Center of SF
- Instructor for Wellbeats, pioneer in digital fitness
- Featured in local & national media for hybrid modalities blending circus arts & fitness